Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I've Been Cloned

If you haven't yet discovered Wayne and Glenn at Niches, now is your perfect opportunity. You can actually have a Wayne or Glenn clone all to yourself. As a special bonus, they are also offering clones of other gurus of floral and faunal identification - myself included! Before you order, though, be sure to check the caveats in the comments. I'll add one more caution here: for best results, boost performance of your Laura clone by providing it with a good botanical key for your region. Otherwise it is likely to sit hunched in front of your mystery plant, mumble incomprehensibly about "family characteristics," and then settle into a repetitive disclaimer chant that will have you wondering if you were hoodwinked into buying a talking doll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the dubious distinction of being un-clonable. Probably a good thing for the world as I consider it.

arcolaura said...

Oh, no, not a good thing at all. I really wanted a pablo. I fancied it as a sort of a books-on-tape version of the Roundrock Journal, to keep me company while I'm gardening. Guilt-free Roundrock. Mind you, I suppose I would have to feed it...